AIC Strategic Plan, 2016-2020
The 2016-2020 strategic plan sets out effective and worthwhile goals addressing three key needs in the jurisdictions and Freely Associated States: 1) Sufficient capacity, 2) Adequate and sustained funding for coral reef management, and 3) Jurisdiction/FAS-federal integration towards resource-focused outcomes. The fourth goal is specific to capacity and effectiveness of the AIC itself. These goals are balanced against the realistic limitations of the AIC. This plan builds on the AIC’s previous plans and helps define the focus and direction of the Committee over the next five years. Learn more about our plan here.
AIC Communications Plan
The AIC Communications Plan was developed by the Points of Contact in 2006 as a blueprint for ensuring efficiency, clarity, and responsibility for AIC members, the Committee as a whole, and the Executive Director of the Secretariat. The plan was updated in 2015.
The AIC was developed by the AIC and Secretariat in 2007 and clarifies the duties of committee members and provides for implementation of initiatives, including establishment of the AIC Secretariat, membership, and roles of committee officers. The charter was updated in 2014.
Summary Report of the U.S. Islands Coral Reef Initiative Workshop (1997; “Blue Book”)
A workshop was held on Maui, Hawai’i, September 25-26, 1997 with representatives from American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Hawai’i, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and federal agencies. They met to discuss the status of the Coral Reef Initiative and to explore future directions for improving the management of coral ecosystems. Participants considered the future coral reef ecosystems and management, and formulated additional ideas for updating their regional plans and developing activities that would facilitate achievement of their shared visions. The information contained within this report, represents the accumulation of knowledge from local people working with various aspects of local coral reef initiative implementation.
U.S. All Islands Coral Reef Initiative Strategy (1999, “Green Book”)
This document is the official 1999-2000 update to the 1997 U.S. Islands Coral Reef Initiative Workshop Summary Report. It reflects the island visions for coral reef management strategies through projects and programs that are jurisdiction-specific as well as regional, national, and international in scope. Through the islands’ partnership with federal agencies, the strategics and products herein are not only important to each jurisdiction. and to the islands as a whole, but to the U.S. Coral Reef Initiative effort as well.
Interim Strategy for Calendar Year 2006
This Interim Strategy builds upon the Local Action Strategies and served as a transition to the islands planning process for a long-range plan. The Interim Strategy contains local state, territorial, and commonwealth priorities and project and regional project intended to meet the needs of more than one jurisdiction.
Download (PDF, 9MB)
AIC Strategic Action Plan, 2008-2013 (2007, “Yellow Book”; updated 2010)
The U.S. All Islands Coral Reef Committee (AIC) Strategic Action Plan (2008-2013) was produced by the AIC and Secretariat in 2007, in cooperation with the Office of Insular Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior, and the Coral Reef Conservation Program of the National Ocean Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), U.S. Department of Commerce. The plan was updated in 2010 and the AIC agreed to extend the plan for a year (2008-2014) in August 2013.
- 36th USCRTF Meeting (Sept 2016) – CNMI and Guam – AIC Chair’s Report [View or Download (1.3MB; PDF)] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [View or Download (1.1MB; PDF)] | Meeting website
- 35th USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2016) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [View or Download (2MB; PDF)] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [View or Download (1.5MB; PDF)]
- 34th USCRTF Meeting (Oct 2015) – Fajardo, Puerto Rico – AIC Chair’s Report [Viewor Download (1.2MB; PDF)] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [View or Download (1.3MB; PDF)] | Meeting website
- 33rd USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2015) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [View orDownload (575KB; PDF)] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [View or Download (2.1MB; PDF)] | “AIC 101” Presentation [View or Download (1.2MB; PDF)]
- 32nd USCRTF Meeting (Sept 2014) – Ka’anapali, HI – AIC Chair’s Report [View orDownload (941KB; PDF)] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [1.7MB; PDF] | Meeting website
- 31st USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2014) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [830KB; PDF] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [1.9MB; PDF]
- 30th USCRTF Meeting (Nov 2013) – St. Croix, USVI – AIC Chair’s Report [608KB; PDF] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [8MB; PDF]
- 29th USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2013) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [475KB; PDF] | AIC Chair’s Presentation [3.6MB; PDF]
- 28th USCRTF Meeting (Aug 2012) – American Samoa – AIC Chair’s Report [475KB; PDF]
- 27th USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2012) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [1.4MB; PDF]
- 26th USCRTF Meeting (Oct 2011) – Florida – AIC Chair’s Report [102KB; PDF]
- 25th USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2007) – Washington D.C. – Not available
- 24th USCRTF Meeting (Sep 2010) – Guam/CNMI – AIC Chair’s Report [814KB; PDF]
- 23rd USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2010) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [898KB; PDF]
- 22nd USCRTF Meeting (Nov 2009) – Puerto Rico – AIC Chair’s Report [1.3MB; PDF]
- 21st USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2009) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Presentation [1.4MB; PDF]
- 20th USCRTF Meeting (Aug 2008) – Kona, Hawaii – AIC Chair’s Report [97KB; PDF]
- 19th USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2008) – Washington D.C. – AIC Chair’s Report [101KB; PDF]
- 18th USCRTF Meeting (Aug 2007) – American Samoa – AIC Chair’s Presentation [817KB; PDF]
- 17th USCRTF Meeting (Feb 2007) – Washington D.C. – Not available
- 16th USCRTF Meeting (Oct 2006) – U.S. Virgin Islands – AIC Chair’s Presentation [46KB; PDF]
- For more, click here.
AIC Year Calendar 2017 (411KB, PDF)
Be ready for the New Year with this printable calendar from the AIC. Prints all months on one 8.5 x 14″ sheet. Full color or black and white — your choice!
1-pager about the AIC (PDF; 2.3MB)
1-pager about American Samoa (PDF; 669KB)
1-pager about CNMI (PDF 1.6MB)
1-pager about Guam (PDF; 706KB)
Sign-up to receive our e-newsletter here. It includes updates from the AIC, new AIC blog posts, grant information, upcoming events and opportunities, media hits, resources, new publications, and the newly posted resources on NOAA CoRIS.
Key resolutions adopted by the U.S. Coral Reef Task Force. To view all USCRTF resolutions, click here.
- Recognition and Support for the All Islands Coral Reef Committee Strategic Action Plan and Charter 2007 supports the AIC 2008-2013 strategic plan and the AIC Charter.
- Renew and Strengthen Support for Local Action Strategy Initiative 2007 re-affirms and strengthens support for the existing Local Action Strategies (LAS) and development of new LAS.
- Coral Reefs and Climate Change 2007 encorages USCRTF members to take actions to confront the serious challenges of climate change.
- Puerto Rico Resolution 2002 provided for Local Action Strategies in the seven AIC jurisdictions.
- Maui Resolution 1999 supported the existing U.S. Islands Coral Reef Initiative as a priority for new funds proposed in President Clinton’s FY00 Lands Legacy Initiative.